Traffic on the docks at the in-water show was quite heavy on Friday.
Miami Marlins star pitcher Jose Fernandez was killed in what investigators believe was a high-speed boat crash. He was 24.
The NMEA presented product of excellence awards in 16 categories.
He will address the topic of “Circular Economy: Towards a positive impact on the recreational marine industry.”
The NMMA said committee meetings are open to the public and provide opportunities for public comment.
SureShade was the only business honored in the top 50 from both the manufacturing and marine industry sectors.
That’s what the Fort Lauderdale show rang up in 2015 and signs point to an even better performance this year...more
New owners are confident they can turn around the bottom lines for Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line...more
Ideas and innovation abound at IBEX and the Tampa venue lets visitors put them to the test...more
If you sell fishing boats of any size and style and you’ve never taken time to look over www.takemefishing.org, you haven’t seen one of the most comprehensive consumer campaigns that directly supports our industry and offers dealers great content....more
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting pretty tired of TV reporters and presidential candidates trying to convince us the economy offers us less opportunity than a Somalian smuggler. And, while we’re at it, let’s hear it for those so-called economists (cough, cough) that claim the economy could tank at any minute....more
Did you miss...?
Through August wholesale shipments of outboard engines in Canada for the National Marine Manufacturers Association’s control group of manufacturers were up 18 percent year over year on a rolling 12-month basis.
NAPLES, Fla. — The NMEA 2016 International Marine Electronics Conference & Expo drew a record 450 attendees with 50 exhibits, in-water boat demos and dozens of educational sessions.
Selected Marine Stocks
- Industry mourns former Power & Motoryacht editor-in-chief 18 comments
- VIDEO: Bayliner Boats acquires two Heyday wakesurf models 6 comments
- Industry mourns former Perko sales manager 5 comments
- EPA to join OSHA in enforcing toxic chemicals safety standards 4 comments
- Cuban-Americans allowed to visit Cuba by recreational boat 3 comments
Industry should get to know poll-tested Policy Playbook...more
As we move into the heart of boat show season, much of the focus is on new boats and the latest technology and features that builders have packed on board. So it seems counterintuitive to suggest that builders and dealers not concentrate their marketing efforts on the latest and greatest improvements in propulsion, performance, layouts and the like....more
The Future of Everything. Have you heard about this magazine? The Wall Street Journal publishes it monthly as part of an addition to WSJ subscription issues. It’s a real eye-opener. ...more
- Service Advisor/Warranty Administrator – SaraBay Marina
- Quality Control and Improvement – Beneteau Group Manufacturing
- Senior Trainer – MyTaskit
- Commissioning Technician – South Coast Yachts
- Yacht Carpenter-Merritt Island Boat Works
- Yacht Engineering Manager – Merritt Island Boat Works
- Lamination and Assembly Supervisor-Seminole Marine
- Marketing Manager – Pursuit Boats
- Outside Sales Associates – Teak Isle Manufacturing
- National Advertising Account Executive-Great Lakes Scuttlebutt/Heartland Boating
U.S. brokerage sales reported by YachtWorld member brokers rose 2 percent in August to 2,983 boats from the same month last year, the first monthly uptick since April.
Changes include a refreshed layout, improved transportation and, for the first time, an admission fee
The global B2B show has added 10,000 square feet of exhibit space for its Nov. 15-17 run and is now called METS Trade
Maker and distributor of lighting and parts says its small size enables it to provide a ‘personal and nimble’ client response
We’re taking a different look at the most-viewed boat brands on Boat Trader for the 12-month period that ended June 30, focusing this time on used freshwater fishing brands.